Saturday, July 01, 2006

Comic Con Fan: Portfolio Lad


Ah the ubiquitous portfolio lad. As you see them walk down they aisle they emanate an energy that is so pure. So raw. So innocent. They line up by the dozens to have their portfolios reviewed in hopes of being discovered, handed their own comic title, and eventually heading up their own artist driven company with toy, feature film, television, videogame, and internet divisions. Although few make it, most are chewed up and spit out by the grizzled industry veterans who flip through their portfolios nonchalantly. If they aren't broken the first year, they may try again the next. And the next, and the next, and the next....

8 comments:

Marmax said...

I imagine the bob in his step and swingin his arms to the beat of his own theme song...I'd like to see the after picture.

mark kennedy said...

Ha ha, I forgot about that. So sad to see it every year. I don't think there are even very many jobs to be had in the comics industry.

Jim Mortensen said...

and the ol' folk in the industry never seem to git outta the way.

Rickart said...

Yes! The "After" picture is a must!

Maddie said...

I love the attutude and gesture on this drawing. This is why skribbs is a story board king!

Anonymous said...

Jeffy, is that Don Hall?!

Looks like it to me!

Rickart said...

Hey, I thought we were going to see one of these a day until the Con! What gives!?

Actually, I don't see how you have the time to do even this much what with family and work.

Happy 4th!

Scott Sackett said...

Holy Crap! I think I'm portfolio lad! I just packed a shirt like that.