Thursday, February 09, 2006

A heartwarming strip


I know, I'm getting soft here. Well, sometimes, I swell up, all emotional and gooey inside, and I can't help but spread love. This comic has drawn me to a part of myself I didn't know existed (fade up the wind instruments) a side I'm afraid to show
(soft focus on the lens) I side I cannot show in this cold sterile male dominated world of professional animation (cut in to close up on tear rolling down the cheek). And yet, this nougaty center is the real me, the magnetic pull of my character that grounds me as the winds of life buffet against my wide, powerful, ass (music swells). Sure, I'm soft, but so is a toxic death bubble, and like the bubble, all I need from time to time....is a little pop (tilt camera up to the tree tops and push in on the sun blowing out the lens as a choir sings "Fuuuuuuckkkkk YYYYoooooooouuuuuuuu"....)

-End scene-

20 comments:

John S. said...

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap!!!!!!
YES!!!!
You convey the feeling of sitting in LA traffic with panache!!!!

willipino said...

this was me this morning.

Knife and Onions said...

absolutely brilliant! I've loved every one of your cartoons so far!

Funny as hell!

the doodlers said...

This guy lives in all of us. But few have drawn the creature with so much... dare i say...love? How sappy can ya get!

Another beautiful strip. You can publish a book.

PS K.P. is that you..?

Jeff said...

Brilliant. Excelsior!! Nuff said.

Anonymous said...

I almost liked the commentary better than the strip..either way you make me laugh!!

Maddie said...

Hallelujah!

Bernard Joaquin said...

glad I'm not in LA traffic....I like the strips alot...has lots of potential

Jeffrey said...

amen.

craig said...

woah....this need to be syndicated. Immediately

Kt Shy said...

bahahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

genius

Jastolfo said...

Encore!!! Encore!!!

KP said...

Thanks all. I was a little worried about the language, but that character needed to go there. To the Doodlers...hiya Arna....yeah its me. All those years of drawing fuzzy bunnies and happy turtles have led me to this outlet. How's life?

J said...

I KNEW IT!!! I'd recognize those noses and hands anywhere!

the doodlers said...

Hey!! Yup, like James said. For me it was the hands...

Life is good. Jvb and I are really enjoying your blog contributions! It's a side of you we never knew but are so glad we discovered. My tummy hurts from the laughter and the tears...Keep 'em coming! Cheers, Arna

KP said...

Hands and noses....wow, I didn't realize that was my signature. Sad really. I always spend my time on the elbows and ears. More work to be done I guess. James, where you at Sheridan when I was there (and forgive me if you were...I have a terrible memory, and this LA smog hasn't helped any)?

Maddie said...

This strip is filthy. You are going to hell.

J said...

Hey Kris. I wasn't at Sherian when you taught. I was a little before your time there I think. I had just seen some hand outs you had given, and some of your Max and Ruby boards. Good stuff.
j

Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

That strip was something else YO love this idea I don't what 2 say except keep them coming and take care